Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: I am ready to begin

Monday, January 15, 2007

I am ready to begin

I don’t know if anyone will be clicking over to read this blog, but I just had the urge to write it and share some info.

For those of you that don’t know me well I will give you a little of my GS background. I started brownies in 2nd grade. They didn’t have Daisy’s and brownies did start until 2nd grade (back in the dark ages). I was in Girls Scouts all the way through high school. While in high school I was also a co-leader for my mom who was leader of my sister’s troop. Oh my mom was also my leader brownies through cadettes.

Well I took a few years off until Tabitha’s was old enough to be a Daisy. I was her leader through 4th grade. Then she didn’t want to do it anymore. Heather started girl scouts in 3rd grade and has had a terrible time finding a good troop. So this year after a 10 year absence I consented to begin a leader again.

10 years ago there wasn’t much of a internet to speak of. But now, WOW almost anything you need to know can be found with just a quick search. Our 1st meeting was planned via email and I was able to send my co-leaders links to everything she needed to know, including word to the songs I plan on teaching!
   
posted at 9:12 AM  
0 comments

0 a snitching:

Post a Comment

<< Home