Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: I need advise

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I need advise

OK, I know there are people out there reading this blog. I have a site counter so I know it isn't my imagination. But no one posts.

I really do need help with this. Please post.

When you are looking for a place for a meeting or event, and there is no money in the budget (because we all know Girl Scouts don't pay). What is the wording you use to ask to use the meeting place? Do you make a phone call, or do you go in person.

This is my least favorite thing to do, well besides asking for donations for Raffles.

Help please, someone!!!!!
   
posted at 1:57 PM  
1 comments

1 a snitching:

Blogger Jamie expressed...

I just found your site today, so forgive me if I ask something you've posted before. Do your girls pay dues? When we started out as Daisies and 1st year Brownies, we stuck to mainly free things as a troop, and if they went to council events they had to pay, since we had no money. Now we offer troop funds for half if it will progress them in some way (try it event, etc), but if it is a fun thing like Bingo, they're on their own for funds. Do you go to service unit meetings? I get a lot of our field trips ideas through them (and if it costs money, we can budget for the next year). We have our parents pay a one time lump sum at the beginning of the years for dues, too.
I'm really looking forward to looking through your blog!

Jamie

October 8, 2007 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home