Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: What is it about Kaper Charts??

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What is it about Kaper Charts??

What is it about Kaper Charts that has us Leaders scratching our heads? Below are some of the stats from my Stat Counter. These are most popular searches that have connected people to my blog.

I to have been doing searches on the net for kaper charts. Mostly I just end up at different Council Sites in the glossary of terms section. What I am looking for are pictures with detailed description of kaper charts. I have to confess, when I wrote about the chart we created for our troop I did not post pictures. Sorry, I need to do that.

Tomorrow night will be our 1st troop meeting this year and I want the girls to break up into new patrols and create a kaper chart. Once it is complete I promise to post pictures this time.

Be sure to read through the searches below. I think that some have been very creative. I plan on trying some of their examples myself. I may even go wild and crazy and use a different search engine besides Google! LOL!


25.00% kaper charts
17.31% multi-age troop girl scout
11.54% kaper chart
7.69% premade swaps
5.77% the choice is yours junior badge
3.85% kaper chart ideas
3.85% girl scout cadette meetings
1.92% scouting web kaper chart
1.92% how to choose patrols in girlscouts
1.92% kaper chart patrols
1.92% creative kaper chart
1.92% ukiah
1.92% premade kaper chart <-- I wonder if this is a possibility??
1.92% girl scout clip art
1.92% transfer junior badges to cadette vest <-- you can't do that! 1.92% pictures of kaper charts <-- would be nice
1.92% kaper chart wheel
1.92% girl scout kaper charts
1.92% junior girl scout badge tracking sheet
1.92% what does your kaper chart look like? <-- Yeah!

UPDATE: Here is what I came up with in my search. Several have pictures. Yahoo! But most are set up for camping. Boo! I want to know what people are doing during troop time!

http://www.geocities.com/eabrandt2001/KAPER.html
http://www.geocities.com/hicksvillebrownies/kaperchart.html
http://www.gsican.com/KaperReview.htm
http://www.geocities.com/brownie2368/kapers.html
http://www.gsican.com/KaperTree.htm
http://www.gsican.com/KaperChart1.htm
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Pointe/9385/8basic.htm#kaper

Please let me know what you come up with.
   
posted at 8:49 AM  
4 comments

4 a snitching:

Anonymous Anonymous expressed...

Sandi, I have 10 girls. For my 1st attempt I put each girls name in a bowl and asked one to pick the 1st job, that person picked the next name, etc. Promised them the jobs would change. Promise starter (also picked the person when hands were raised - I was so glad to give up that duty!), clean up crew (2 girls), collector (or papers, votes), secretary to write down anything I needed recorded, chart writer to write during brainstorming, Squeeze starter/closing starter. I need to look up the others. I had 2 badges copied from the handbook (girls have badge book)- -I asked for 5 planners & 5 budgeters - - I assigned the 1st patrol leaders for each group. The patrol leader will choose the next leaders.

November 19, 2008 at 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous expressed...

Here is a good listing of possible jobs http://www.neighborhood13-1.com/kaper_charts.htm

One troop leader told me they used a metal cookie sheet (a magnetic white board would work) - where each girl's name is a magnet.

I'm still on the search for a great kaper chart, for meetings. Will ask at tonight's leader meeting for pictures of what they use!

November 20, 2008 at 7:01 AM  
Blogger Unknown expressed...

I realize this post has aged, but I do have the following, hoping it helps!
I have 5th grade juniors with a kaper chart that I made from a piece of poster board (cut down to make a large folder shape, easy to store in my tote).
I cut 2x3" squares of card stock and glued them on three sides to act as pockets inside the folder in rows -- you could use library pockets, too, and this folder style lets you make it as large or small as you need -- posterboard allows me to stand it up for visibility during meetings.
I write each girl's name on the end of a popsicle stick and staple two zip-style bags to the back of the kaper chart to store the NEW and USED sticks each week.
On each pocket I write the name of the kaper and the number of girls needed for the job. After placing sticks in the pockets for one week, each stick moves to the right one space, one stick retires to the USED bag, and one exits the NEW bag and starts in the first pocket.
Kapers we use:
Ceremony Starter (pledge/promise/law), hostesses (2 girls serve snack, offer thanks, and the rest of the troop may begin to eat once hostesses are seated and begin to eat ... just like a dinner party).
Clean-up queens -- supervise clean-up and participate equally
project staff -- hand out craft or other project supplies
news girl -- distributes weekly newsletter for parents to pick up
vest checker -- marks chart to show who wore their vests each week (special prize at end of year for this)
attendance taker -- kind of obvious job!
gamer girl -- chooses game and makes sure girls stick to rules, which is a problem with today's kids, wanting to change the rules on a whim
songbird -- chooses and leads song at singing time
bathroom buddy -- keeps the cliques from occuring in the bathroom
chart keeper -- writes lists and other information on paper during brainstorming, listing of things to do, etc.
kaper keeper -- moves sticks to each pocket so I don't have to do it! :)

I hope this helps, and I hope someone can use it!

September 23, 2009 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Sarah @ Mum In Bloom expressed...

Wow! Lots of great ideas here. Thank you :)

December 6, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home