Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: Candy Apple Bits part 2

Monday, October 1, 2007

Candy Apple Bits part 2

OK, last Saturday night I made the candy apple sauce (easy to do) and I cut two apples into 6 pieces each (and cored them of course).

I had my daughter and her friend (also in our troop) dipped them using long wooden sticks. They seemed to cover just fine. They placed them on a buttered cookie sheet to harden.

Then the leaking began! I think the hot sauce partially cooked the apples and what happens when you cook apple pie? The liquid comes out of the apples to make a sauce. The candy hardened but slid off the apple because of the oozing.

They tasted good, but didn't work out the way I had hoped. So, my advice.
If you want to make Candy Apples use the entire apple. Don't try to cut them.
   
posted at 9:26 AM  
0 comments

0 a snitching:

Post a Comment

<< Home