Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: Fall Product Sales ~ NUTS

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fall Product Sales ~ NUTS

The 1st steps of Nut Sales are done. My co-leader and I have been collecting order forms. So far we have sold 232 cans. We are still waiting for one more form. I am really surprised the girls didn’t do better then this. My daughter sold 90 cans and she really didn’t try very hard. The profit from nuts is so much higher then cookies. Next year we will try to get the girls to push a little harder.

Our troop will be the only one in the area doing booth sales. For years I didn’t even thing that the Girl Scouts were still selling nuts. Everyone stopped doing Nut Booth Sales. I which more troops would get out there and sell nuts. We are working on building the number of scouts in the area and booth sales is just one more way to be seen. Not only that but most people don’t even know that the Girl Scouts sell nuts!

When I was a scout we had the sell calendars. Gee, everyone just couldn’t wait to get their hands on one (NOT).
   
posted at 10:41 AM  
1 comments

1 a snitching:

Blogger Jamie expressed...

We're doing calendars- gag. Other leaders are pushing their girls to sell 10 before they get the patch. I know that I'm the only one buying and don't know 10 people to give them to as gifts- pretty lame gift, too. We say 5 because it's not their fault the council has picked such a horrible seller. It's almost like they want you to rely on cookies being "the" fundraiser- they must get a smaller cut out of calendars.

October 18, 2007 at 4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home