Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: Full Schedule for October

Monday, October 8, 2007

Full Schedule for October

We have a very busy month ahead of us. And being on the “Monthly Events Committee” for our Service Unit it just makes it a little more “special” for me.

Oct 11th – All of Ukiah get together to create a Scarecrow for the “Scarecrow City” at the up coming Oktoberfest. Our sponsor is Pleasant View Dairy. Gee, I think we can work with that. You know Cookies & Milk

Oct 13th – Oktoberfest Parade. We are keeping the float simple. Not much in the way of decorations. Our main focus to following the Safety Wise Guidelines.

Oct 13th – Program Aide Training. My daughter has finally hit that special age. She is now eligible to be a PA! So this weekend Heather and her friend from another troop are about to attend a 2 day training. Not here in town (that would be to easy), but 1 ½ hrs away.

Oct 19th – Older Girl Get together / Pizza Party – We have an Adult in the area that has volunteered to run a Juliette Program for Cadettes & Seniors. They will be getting together on the 19th to get to know each other and sign up for local workshops. Should be fun.

Oct 27th – Costume Party – We will be having a costume party as well as celebrating Juliette’s birthday. I still need to order supplies for this event. I have got to remember that. Otherwise, Oriental Trading will not get it to us in time.

Oh, and all of this is over and above our regular meetings of course.

I love girl scouting, I love girl scouting. If I say it enough times maybe this won’t seem like so many things. I know some of you reading this are saying, well that’s nothing. You should read my other blog, it talks about some of the other things I volunteer for!

Happy Scouting
   
posted at 1:32 PM  
2 comments

2 a snitching:

Blogger Jamie expressed...

You sound like me! My co-leader and I have looked for the "sucker" stamp at our local GS store, but they have them hidden. We joke that we'll be co-SU leaders in a few years.

October 9, 2007 at 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous expressed...

Good post.

November 10, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home