Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: Pop-cycle sticks

Monday, October 8, 2007

Pop-cycle sticks

A while back I wrote about our 1st troop meeting of the year. I asked the girls to come up with a way to decide who gets to bring snack to the next meeting. It was decided that they would write their names on pop cycle sticks and they would be pulled out of a bag.

Wow, what a great idea. In the past I had figured out months in advance who would bring snack. But, when a new girl entered the troop we would have to squeeze them in to the cycle.

So last week I handed them all a stick and told them to decorate them anyway they wanted just as long as their name and the word snack was on them.

While we were at it I handed them all another stick and had them do the same thing, but instead of snack they wrote It Other on it. While I was explaining to the new girls what this meant the following phrase popped out of my mouth “there are my fair stick.” Hmmm, I like that Fair Sticks! This way I don’t choose one girl to many or not enough times. (for more info on this scroll down I wrong an entire article about this).

So we now have Fair Sticks and Snack Sticks. I have them separated into “snack size” zip lock bags. The Fair sticks get put back into the same bag at the end of a meetings, but the snack sticks are in two bags 1) snack done and 2) no snack yet.
   
posted at 2:20 PM  
0 comments

0 a snitching:

Post a Comment

<< Home