Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: Silver Award Idea

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Silver Award Idea

NOTE: Read “No Disappointments Here” post before reading this one.

At our last SU meeting our local Council Liaison started bringing items out of her office. (She is the 3rd person we have had in this position in the past two years. She is doing a fantastic job.) Anyhow, some of the items were new products that she had i.e. badges, charms, sashes, pins, the list goes on and on. We all talked about selling these items.

On the way home I thought to myself that compiling a inventory of these items would be a great project for my Cadettes. Then this idea started to expand in my mind even more. This would make a great Silver Award Project for my girls.

I made some notes and told my daughter about it. She thought it was great. Now I just need to present it to the other 3 Cadettes and see what they think about it. Here are my ideas:

1) Create a SU website and maintain it
2) Inventory all craft items on hand and create a list for leaders
3) Inventory all store items for sale
4) Inventory all books on hand
5) Create a lending system for Books and Craft Supplies
6) Open our “Store” one Saturday and sell our new items
7) When orders for new items come in fulfill these order
8) First and foremost interview Jacque and see if the above would meet her needs and find out if there is any other way that she could be assisted.

But as always it is up to the girls to decide if these are items they would like to do. I know my daughter is interested so that is one!
   
posted at 10:21 AM  
2 comments

2 a snitching:

Blogger Stacey expressed...

Sounds like a great idea!! Of course having read the other post first, here will be your hold up :)
trying to get the Silver Award trainings in Santa Rosa and have them not be cancelled LOL

October 10, 2007 at 12:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous expressed...

Great idea! Good luck for the girls on completing that project. I'm sure it will be appreciated.

October 10, 2007 at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home