Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: A Camping We Will Go!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Camping We Will Go!

I am taking my troop camping this weekend. It is the first time for us. Luckily all the girls have been camping before. Otherwise, I would be very nervous about this endeavor.

They created their menu last Monday. Then I went over it item, by item with them. It’s easy to write the menu, but then you have to think about all the items that are needed to create that meal. Not just the food, but how is it going to be cooked.

Tonight I need to go through my camping gear and get everything together and washed. I can’t remember the last time I went camping. I mean full blown camping, not what I did this summer where it was just somewhere to sleep.

My co-leader will not be going with us this weekend so I asked one of the registered mom’s to attend. Here is how I asked her “do you camp? And I don’t mean Motel 6”, LOL.

My co-leader is taking her daughter and one of the other girls from the troop food shopping tonight. Yea one less thing for me to do. I love it when I don’t have to do everything.

It was decided that we would cook all of our meals over the fire. Yep you heard me no propane and no charcoal. Open flames. I think the mom’s think I am crazy, but I know it can be done. These girls are going to learn a lot this weekend.

Wish me luck!
   
posted at 8:31 AM  
0 comments

0 a snitching:

Post a Comment

<< Home