Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: Frustration

Monday, September 1, 2008

Frustration

Last October is was decided that our service unit would create a website. I said I would do it, I have experience and it is something I enjoy doing.

On this site there would be tons of links, general information, and calendar of events, forms, on and on. I worked had on getting it up and running. I have done a total makeover on it twice to get it looking just right. And yes, it has the seal of approval from our council office.

There are people all over the country looking at it. Does anyone leave a comment, no. Does anyone report broken links, no. But here I the big thing does anyone from our area look at it? Rarely. I have the chair of our events committee, and leaders ask me, when is this even, when is that. I just look at them and say it’s on the website. Grrrr.

The other intention was for parents to know about it. This way they can look at the calendar of events and see if it is something they would like to sign their daughter up for just incase the leader doesn’t pass along the information.

So if you read this, please help me feel better about myself. Look at the website, and leave a comment.

UPDATE: I provided the wrong URL yesterday. Sorry. http://www.girlscoutsmendo.org


Thanks
   
posted at 3:16 PM  
3 comments

3 a snitching:

Blogger Margot expressed...

On your blog page, the link highlight color on "website" is very hard to see. I almost missed it.
And the link is broken. I get an error "Sorry, 'www.mendogirlscouts.org' does not exist or is not available."
I've been thinking about doing an SU Website too.

September 2, 2008 at 12:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown expressed...

Well, I have to admit I haven't been as diligent in my viewing of the website as I should be. An explanation (excuses are for wimps) is that there is so much information I get sensory overload and have to take little bites. Sandi, you're so quick with updates to the website that truly, one needs to look everyday or something will be missed. You inspire me to be a better leader and girl scout. I will visit our website if not daily, certainly weekly.

September 5, 2008 at 9:24 AM  
Blogger Andrea expressed...

I found your website searching for Kaper charts and I have enjoyed reading about your leader experiences. I'm a newer leader, going on my 3rd year, and can still use all the help I can get! I think your SU website is filled with info. I wish ours was as helpful.

September 5, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home