Download the original attachment A Girl Scout Leader's Musings . . . .: Cookie Sales & rounding UP!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cookie Sales & rounding UP!

For several years now I have rounded up my daughters pre-order. The 1st year I did it I felt like I was going to throw up. It scared me to death. I was responsible for all these cookie. Geez, what the heck am I thinking! She sold those on the 1st night passing out her cookies and we had the get 6 more cases from the cupboard within 3 days.

So the next year I rounded up and added 8 cases. That was a little more of a struggle to get rid of. Last year we rounded up and added 6 cases. That seems to be the perfect amount. She could have sold more but didn't want to put the effort into it. He final total was 566 boxes. Down by almost 300 the year before, but she still made the 550 club.

This post is not to brag about my daughter (although she rocks) this is to tell you what I have asked of my troop this year.

I requested that all the girl round up their initial order. Their eyes got huge. What, what do you mean?? I know that is what they were thinking. I am trying to get them to sell more cookies then just their pre-order and booth sale orders. I asked them to bring extra cookies with them when they make their deliveries. I also told them to team up and go door to door (you know in the old days when I was a kid).

I did give them an OUT. I told them whatever they had left when we did our 1st booth sale they could return to the troop.

I will let you know how this works out.

next time: how I have taught them to present the cookie flavors.
   
posted at 3:28 PM  
0 comments

0 a snitching:

Post a Comment

<< Home